Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Saturday, July 16, 2005

And now a word about scales

I hate them. I actually had a set of really expensive dr. scales - a gift from my mother - that I got sick of looking at last year. tried to sell them at a yard sale last year (originally priced at over $200.00). They had the sliding weight bars like a dr. office. I found them on-line, printed off the description, attached it to it and sat back and waited for the bargain hunters. And waited. And waited. Finally stuck a sign on it that said "Door Stop and Clothes Valet" - sold them to the next person.

When I diet, I am fanatical about weighing - which is not good. So I will be weighing in periodically at my doctor's office which is as close to a scale as I want to come.

Perri

Comments:
Perri - This is very good advice for some people. I am also obsessive about weighing, and it can bring you down to do it daily (or several times a day like I do), because weight fluctuates. The best way to tell if you're losing is to feel how differently your clothes feel on you. You can also measure with a measuring tape and watch the inches disappear. I don't recommend weighing everyday, or even every week, but I can't help myself. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?