Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Friday, July 15, 2005

For real this time

I guess I am green then!!
My eyes play this funny trick on me, it's a strange phenomenon...everytime I look in the mirror, I'm still okay. But when I see pictures or OH MY GOODNESS, VIDEO of myself, I freak out at how chubby I am. Today hubby took video of us surfing, and I was stunned at how bad I looked. I also have a still photo from today and I will post that as my "before" picture.
My story:
I have always been slim, even after my first two children. But recently I have just ballooned up and now am at least 20 pounds overweight, most of it within a matter of months. HOW did this happen??!?! My goal is to get down to 124 lbs or less : )

I'm on the right. I honestly was mad at my towel for getting too small to fit nicely around my waist. Can we say "denial?" Towels don't get smaller! I got bigger! sheesh.

I think I am a size 10 now, because all my 8's are super duper tight. I'd like to be a 6.

My diets fail because I have a hard time denying myself goodies (read:chocolate) so this time I am allowing myself to eat whatever I want, but in small amounts, like half of what I normally eat. Is that a good plan?

I also plan to do more cardio and some ab work daily.

I'm so glad we can do this together with each other's support!! Good luck girls!!

Aloha, Sandy


Comments:
Sandy - That is an excellent plan of attack. I know if I "deprive" myself I'm like "Screw this! You only live once!" ... LOL.

Just try some new snacks and you might be surprised when you start craving them. There are times when I'd rather have apple slices dipped in low sugar peanut butter, than cookies. I know that sounds unbelievable, but trust me...

It took how many years to form the preferences we have now? ... Give it time, and definitly allow yourself the occasional sesible sized treat... And you can never go wrong with excercise - particularly one that builds muscle.

You're already beautiful love - but I know you'll be happy to get that towel wrapped around comfortably. (I use beach towels. ROFLMAO.)
 
Sandy - The part of me that would be happy to have a beach towel for 2 wrapped around me comfortably finds it hard to feel bad for the part of you sitting there tanned in your bikini - lol

BUT my mind knows that 20 pounds to you is the same as 80 to me - probably even more so since if you don't get it under control, it's just going up - so I'll accept you in the bikini (after 4 children) as a before picture - and I'm praying we all end up looking as "pitiful" as you do now. I think if you take a poll - you could be our poster girl for success.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?