Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Monday, July 18, 2005

Got moving this weekend....

Well I got moving this weekend and upped my water (no not just pool or lake water, Tee). I also only had one bowl of icecream..lol.

I see a lot of you are already losing, me not so much. But AF is due today so that may explain the whole bloating thing.

I am interested to hear more on the whole idea behind the South Beach thing. I would also like to know what each of you are doing to get to your goal and what your goal is. If you are so kind as to share this with me you can email me or post it in the comments.

For me I am just going to try to eat better (also remember breakfast) and try and move more. And then when the desire hits me I will head back to the gym.

Andrea

Comments:
Good plan of attack. I'm not following are particular plan but some of my guidelines are:

Drink more water (or "equivalents" like Crystal Lite)

Eat sensible portions

Try to eat more protein and fiber

Try to eat less processed (particulary white flour/sugar)

Exercise more

Do not buy things that are too great a temptation for me. For example, I won't buy a package of cookies when I grocery shop. I'm not the kind of person who can stop at 2... If I get the craving for something, I'll go out and buy a mini individual pack or something.


My "plan" is similar to Sugar Busters and South Beach (phase III). I also, while embaressed to admit it, have read, and am reading again, the Dr. Phil diet book. There are questionaires and activities etc in the book which help you to understand the "WHY" behind your eating.

Sometimes if Hubby is in a nasty mood, without thinking, I go straight to the kitchen looking for M&M's or something. Now, atleast I have the opportunity to stop myself and say, "Hey, look - you're not hungry - you're eating out of emotion. This won't solve it." I know, I know - Cheesy - but it's helped me.

To learn more about South Beach Diet specifically click here... Scroll down to "how does it work?" and click. That's the official site.

Keep up the good work! :)
 
Yea Andrea! I will be rooting for you! We can do this!
 
I'm just trying to make better food choices. I detail each day in my Operation No More Love Handles blog.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?