Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Friday, July 15, 2005

My Diet Plan

I know myself well enough to know that I am NOT going to stick to something such as low-carb, no bread, any beach diet, WW, Jenny Craig or any of those.

My plan of attack is much more simpler. Eat less. Give up Mt. Dew, sweet tea and lemonade. I just added it up and the drink denial alone will cut over a thousand calories a day from my diet. I will eat pretzels as my chip of choice. Drive away from and not through McDonald's. Cut back on bread and try to avoid fried foods. If I do that, I will be happy. Or my body and heart will anyway.

I think what has held me back so long is the fact that I am practically in perfect health. I'm 45, have great blood pressure, great blood sugar and my cholesterol is wonderful. I think if I had a dr. tell me that I needed to lose weight or die - this would be easier.

But I am a realist and I know what my grandparents died of - I see my dad with diabetes and I know this is my future. And -- my knees hurt, so I need to take control of this monster now.

I am actively praying that God take away my desire for sweets - for chips - for bread and potatoes. My staple diet. I am praying I develop a sudden urge for fruits and veggies. That will be a first, so it will certainly be answered prayer.
I'm praying for ALL of us. That we can be successful in this endeavor - and we can encourage one another.

Comments:
I think if you have healthy snacks ready that are easy to access then it will be harder to justify that fast bad-for-you snack.
 
Amen! :)

And Melissa is right - I absolutly don't buy cookies because I'm not the kind of person that can eat 2 and walk away. If I get a craving bad enough I will drive myself to the gas station store down the road and buy a SINGLE SERVING SIZE package... That's the only way I can control myself.

I munch on vegetables while I cook dinner and keep peanuts and popcorn in the house at all times.

Good luck Perri :) I'm praying for all of us to, and I think your plan of attack will work. I had a friend many years ago who worked in fast food. This person drank Coke all day long because it was free for employees. When they cut out just soda drinking - no food changes at all - they lost several pounds.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?