Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My neighbor is SABOTAGING ME!

Ruthie came over to my blog and kicked my butt because of what I did to my ticker.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

LOL... I told her I'd be good today - and I had every intention, but my German neighbor lady came over AGAIN with food! She won't stop and she's such a good chef. I gave her zuchini from my garden and she turned them into latkes! ... I can't let perfectly good latkes goes to waste - especially when I already have sour cream and applesauce on hand.... SIGH. I had 6 for lunch.

Maybe I'll eat salad the rest of the day. :p

~Tee

Comments:
but germans like LIKE big women! right? so it's NOT sabotage..its just enhancement! :)
 
what are latkes?
 
Ruthie - Yeah, she's a big woman herself. She says she likes to cook and bake but she'll eat it all herself so she gives it to me. (THANKS!) LOL.

Melissa - I've always known latkes as a Jewish food which I tend to eat around Hannukah. They're like pancakes made with shredded potato and onion and fried in oil. Most people eat them with applesauce and/or sour cream on top.... I'm not sure why my German/non-Jewish neighbor knows how to make them. Maybe it is a more far reaching food than I thought... She also made me blintzs a few weeks ago which is (to me), another tradional Jewish food. (I'm 1/2 Jewish.) .... Both tasty foods, neither is on the diet menu. LOL.
 
latkes and blintzes are german--remember, eastern europe had a very large Jewish population (ie-Germany) prior to WWII. This could explain why so many german foods are associated with the Jewish culture (and vice versa).
 
At least you have a kind neighbor! :)

Just jump back on the wagon at the next meal (providing she doesn't come knocking before then) and you are on your way. That is how I do it anyway.

GO TEE GO!
 
Ruthie - You're right - What are you? A history major? ;)

Jodi - The neighbor teased me and said soon I would start pulling all the curtain closed and pretend I'm not home when I see her coming over. LOL. I might have to do that if I want to lose any weight. ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?