Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Beauty!

Ruthie said, "and one day, I will be beautiful!"

I think it is really really important for all of us to remember that we already ARE beautiful. You can be fat and beautiful. Thin is not the only kind of beauty there is (I'm sure you know that Ruthie - but all of us need a reminder every once and awhile).
My mom gave me this book one year for christmas and I read it over and over whenever I need a self-esteem boost. If you haven't read it you really oughta check it out.
It is good to try and be healthier and fit. I think being those things would be wonderful. But beauty comes from within and in your quest to be thinner don't forget that. Don't look forward to the day you will be beautiful just know that you already are beautiful today!

Dawn

Comments:
what a great site. this is my first visit and i love it already! thanks...
 
I second that! Ruthie, I totally believe that what people have on the inside is what makes them beautiful.
Case in point, in high school, I felt sooo priviledged (looking back I was sooo stupid) to be asked out by the most awesome looking guy in our whole town. He was two years older and HOTT!
But, his personality sucked and no matter how awesome he looked, I just couldn't really get into him.
If you are beautiful inside, it shows through. Some of the most miserable people are skinny sticks with plastic surgery and husbands who hate them.
 
what book?
 
Good post, Dawn. Very true.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?