Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Hi, I'm Mandi!

Nice to meet ya!

Let's see, why am I here? Well, a year ago August 1st I found out that I was expecting my first child! Yay! At the time I found out I was pregnant I was a smoker, but as soon as that test read positive I said buh-bye to cigarettes! It was soon after that I began to put weight on rapidly. I think I gained like 12 pounds in the first couple of months! It didn't stop there. By the time I had my beautiful baby boy on April 2nd of this year, I had gained almost 65 pounds! I've always been up and down around 10 pounds or so, but when I left the hospital I was still up around 45 pounds.

My personal goal is to my weight where I was at my wedding, (which was only a year and a bit ago), and I plan to get there through good eating and exercise. My healthy eating is not only important for me, but for my son, as I'm currently nursing (which has aided in my weight loss thus far). My best friend and I just started walking everynight. I'm lucky to have her, because I don't think I would be walking as much, as far, or as hard if it wasn't with her!

As of Monday the 15 of August, I have 18.5 pounds to get to my goal.

I'm hoping that with walking with my girl (and my son & dog!) and being a part of this Blog that I'll be able to stay on track!

Thanks for reading!

Comments:
Hi Mandi,
good too meet ya...welcome and good luck to ya;)
 
Welcome Mandi and good luck to you!

That baby fat is the stickiest kind! :)
 
Welcome Mandi! Sounds like you are on the right track!
 
Nice to meet you! Welcome!
 
Welcome! I must say you have come a good way so far with your weight loss. I am trying to do the same thing, loss post baby weight. I gained nearly 80lbs during my pregnancy! WHOO I know! LOL! I wish you all of the luck in the world girl! Keep us posted on your results ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?