Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I am SUCH a slacker....*sigh*

Ok, I still haven't picked up the south beach again. I'm almost wary of doing the initial 2 week phase again. I think, instead, that I'll just do a modified SBeach. Basically, I'm cutting 75% of the refined sugar/flour. I actually LIKE some of the sugar free chocolates I've been eating (Russel Stover and Whitmans are excellent!). I don't mind that I gave up caffiene (except for the minimal amount in the chocolate). I already drank diet soda before this. I drink ALOT more water than I did before (and I drank alot before). I like crystal light (isn't it like kool-aid for grown ups?!?) I do eat more protien and less pasta, and alot more fresh veggies (like broccoli, cauliflower, and green beans). I pick salad over fries. I figure that if I have one serving of bread/pasta per day, that is significantly better than having it three times a day. And as long as I can try to get to the gym for a workout at least 3x a week, I should see some significant results. My coworkers already say that they can see that I've lost some weight in my face and hips.

My trainer at the gym was wary of the SBeach plan, and she predicted that most people can't make it through the initial two week period--most stop after 7 days. I planned to make it through the 14 days, but got sidelined at 10 because of some vacation time, followed by a mad-crazy work schedule to make up for the time I took off. My life is too busy to be entirely carb-free. I understand this. I am stronger than the carbs. I will persevere, and one day, I will be beautiful! :)

That's my thought for the day!

~ruthie

Comments:
Ruthie - I think even if you don't finish the first phase (I made it about as far as you did when I started SB), it's still a good introduction to healthier eating. It's all about better choices and you're doing FANTASTIC!

I can't wait to see the progess you've made at the end of the year :)
 
Just pick low fat healthy food selections and work, work, work and you will do it! Do not give up! Diets like SB and Atkins are so difficult to stay with!
 
That is why I do a "modified" Dr. Phil. I can't make it two weeks without eating certain foods. I choose good foods and do them all in moderation. So far so good.

I am so glad you are back with us! Go Ruthie Go!
 
I think you are doing great! The changes to your diet have been for the better. And if people can tell you are losing, then that's wonderful!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?