Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Is this twisted....and I need HELP!!!

Is it WRONG to be happy that I lost a pound, even though I'm sick with a fever/flu? I am tho...but I'm sure it will be back after the weekend getaway for our anniversary. Anyone do any running out there? I would like to start - my body is getting too used to the elliptical and the pounds are staying on - but am unsure how to get started safely. I'm not a light thing to begin with so running strikes fear in my heart. HELP!

EDITED TO ADD: Written by Shelley

Comments:
I'm not a runner, but I'd reccomend starting out slow. Go for a walk, and every few minutes, jog a little bit, then slow down to a walk again. Keep doing that. Eventually you can do more jogging than walking, and change that into a run.

I honestly read in several studies though that running is not any better for you than walking - so take it easy! You'll get the same pay off - unless you love to run, then go for it.

Also, if the pounds aren't budging, try to add some muscle toning, light weight training to your work outs. That builds the muscles which helps to burn more fat.

Good luck!

And no, it's not sick to be happy about the 1 lb. - But make sure you're eating enough healthy foods or your body will actually be burning your muscle, not your fat!
 
Hi Shelly,
No-I don't think that it is wrong - lost weight is lost weight!! :) Of course, you will have to be careful when you are feeling better. I agree with Tee about the running thing. I am not a runner and I feel like I get a great workout just walking. Studies have shown that walking is just as good for you too . . . especially if you are just starting out. Also, it is important not to kill yourself right off the bat because then you risk having an early burnout. Good luck and I hope that you get to feeling better! :)
 
Thanks for the comments ladies, I really appreciate this support system!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?