Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Ultimate Motivation

For me, things changed today. It's not really about looking good or fitting into the clothes I like. It's about saving my life.

My Mom got on MSN Messenger this morning (this is the year 2005), and told me her blood work came back and she has diabetes.

My great grandmother had diabetes. My grandpa has diabetes, and now my Mom. I'm next if I don't get it together.

Can anyone say "wake up call"? ...

So, Mom, if you read this, I love you and support you in your new quest for health and life. I will be walking right beside you.

~Tee

Comments:
That definitely gives you a swift kick in the butt doesn't it!?

I found out last year that every single person in my dad's family has diabetes. Yikes!

Wishing your whole family the best!

Go TEE GO!
 
Thanks Jodi. {HUG}
 
Oops - LOL. It's me Tee. I'm signed in on my hubby's account which he never used and now I use it to try new templates in. LOL.
 
WOW..TALK ABOUT A MOTIVATOR HUH?

KEEP GOIN GIRL..YOU CAN DO IT..AND BEAT THE DIABETES CURSE;)
 
Oh Tee....what a crappy motivator (you know what I mean)
 
Tee, I am sorry to hear that about your mom! I hope that she is motivated too. I totally hear ya on the motivation . . . I too come from a family with health problems related to being overweight. Good luck girl! I am rooting for you! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?