Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Confessions of a Sugar Addict!

Okay, for some reason, every Sunday, I get the strongest cravings for anything sweet!! Yes, it is usually on Sundays that I will bake something or binge on what ever sweet thing I have in my house. I am not proud on this . . . and, I am admitting it to you all right here and now!! LOL!
So, today, the cravings started around noon. I decided that I was going to make some "No Bake" cookies. (For some reason, I really wanted something with chocolate AND peanut butter in it!) But, I decided that I would make them lowfat by using skim milk, lowfat peanut butter, and Splenda. BAD IDEA!! They were disgusting - however, this didn't stop me from eating a couple!
After dinner, I decided that I still needed to have that peanut butter and chocolate fix. I then resorted to eating a couple handfuls of chocolate chips with a spoonful of peanut butter. Can you say "falling off the bandwagon"?! That still didn't satisfy my craving so I decided to pull out the Christmas recipe for Reeces candy. Yeah, it was not a pretty sight! I franticly assembled the ingredients, fully aware that I was going to regret eating this concoction after the sugar buzz wore off! After I had everything made I put it into the fridge to harden.
Then, I went and took a shower (at 6 o'clock at night . . . don't ask!) And, here is the pivotal moment!!!!! Duh duh duh!!! While I was in the shower, I decided that I was NOT going to eat the treat!! YES!!!! (Ok, a small victory after showing my face all day but hey, it had to stop somewhere!)
I got out of the shower and even put in my bleaching trays to keep me from being tempted. So, here I am, pouring my heart out, trying not to think of . . . it! So, there you have it. My name is Zoe and I am a sugarholic!

~Zoe

Comments:
As I sit here reading your post I'm eating a Reese peanut butter cup.... kinda ironic.

I too, love sweet yumminess. Today, I will be baking some treats, but they will be of the apple variety.

Good for you on deciding *not* to eat the yucky (and by yucky I mean yummy) goodness in your fridge!
 
Okay . . . I have a confession to make. I was weak. :( I only ate a little! ;)
 
LOL Zoe --- if you're having a craving than eat the thing you really want - but just a little bit!

I've found that if I try to avoid a craving I will end up binging and doing much worse. If you want Reese's PB cups, go down to the 7-11 and buy an individual 2 pack, go home and enjoy it. I swear it'll help!

The shower and the bleach trays were a very good way to get away from the kitchen! Good job!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?