Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Monday, October 31, 2005

I'm IN !!!

Hi my name is Tammy and I have just started this blog program. My husband and I just got married on October 8th and when I looked at the pictures, I was disgusted at how big I looked. We have since started on the SOUTH BEACH diet and he has lost 6 pounds and I have lost 7. My goal was to lose at least 43 pounds so after 2 weeks, I am well on my way. If you haven't tried this diet, it is great! It makes you realize that food is just food. We don't need to overdo portions, carbs, or sugars because those are the exact things that make us (as women) gain weight. I was watching OPRAH and she said that the leading cause of death in American women is Cardiovascular Disease. The doctor on the show said that women who hold their fat in their stomach or upper portion of their bodies are more suseptible to having a heart attack because that fat can further damage or block other organs. LUCKY FOR ME - I carry it in my hips. I always hated being so "hippy" but after hearing all of that, I was happy!

Anyway, my weight loss is my quest. My husband used to be a trainer in the U.S. Navy and he is also a diver, a former body building champion, and so on. I really want to start keeping up with him so that we can have fun no matter what we do! I am looking forward to hearing your stories because I know they will help in my quest!

Thanks,
Tammy
http://www.bronzedcouple.blogspot.com

Comments:
Welcome aboard, Tammy! 7 pounds is a fantastic start!

Looking forward to being a part of your weight loss journey!
 
Excellent introduction, Tammy!

I've heard the news about where you carry your fat - and I do carry mine in my stomach - so it's scary!

Your husband sounds like great inspiration. It helps so much to have someone on your side.
 
Welcome Tammy!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?