Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Monday, October 10, 2005

My Name is Mandi, and I LOVE food!

I've come to the conclusion that exercise is no longer my problem! Walking with my baby is my new favorite thing to do. And the fall is so beautiful here.

My problem is I like food. I know it's my problem. Pretty near every weekend, I decide that THIS is the week where I cut out the CRAP. And every week, I find something nasty bad to snack on.

There should be NO excuses now. Thanksgiving is over. Turkey dinners, and pecan pie, and mashed potatoes (which I actually avoided this holiday), and yummy stuffing (which I didn't avoid).... all gone.

This week I will have a few challenges, but ones I'm sure I can get through. Tomorrow my husband and I are heading to the Leafs game. We'll be eating at The Hard Rock C@fe. I've never eaten there, but I'm sure they've got yummy salads. And I do love salads. I'll be alright at the game because I'm not drinking beer yet. Saturday we have an out of town wedding to go to. I should be alright there too. Mind you, if they have Coron@, I might have to have one or two!

Well girls, good luck on the "One Pound Challenge"! We can do it!



And as you'll notice, I'm back up to my 162 mark.... booooooo!

Ciao

Comments:
Mandi - I feel ya sista'!! (Refering to my "My name is Zoe and I am a sugarholic" confession a few posts back!! Ha ha! It is so hard especially when you have events to go to were there are "traditional" foods to eat. You know, I think that you shouldn't be too hard on yourself. Allow yourself to splurge a little on those things that you enjoy. Otherwise, you might sabatoge yourself completely and go off the deepend. At least that has been my track record! Good luck girl! And don't worry about your weight scale going back up . . . just think, maybe if you hadn't been working on it at all it would be ten pounds heavier by now!! You have maintained in a very good range. (Which I am desperate to get to the low 160's again!!) Keep up the great work! :)
 
You can do it, Mandi!

At Hard Rock just watch the dressing... I know at McDonald's if you put the packet of some of their dressings on the salad, you would have eaten less fat by eating a hamburger!

You could get fish and grilled chicken and they have a veggie burger, too. There's always options if you're not shy about telling the waiter what you want.

Here are great tips on eating healthy when you eat out.

Have fun at the Leafs!
 
Thanks girls!
 
Ooooo Thanksgiving..... drooooolllingggggg.....

I give my self permission to splurge on holidays like Thanksgiving. Otherwise, what fun is life?

The key is to ONLY splurge on that day and the next day get back to your healthy eating. That way the damage is minimal and easy to correct. And you still get to eat it all.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?