Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

not sure how i'm doing

I don't have my weights-n-measures until next Wednesday night.

I've kicked up my gym work to 3-4x a week. I've increased resistance on the eliptical machine from 2 to 3, and extended my time to 35 minutes a session. I still manage to do 3 miles a workout. My weights have bumped up from 35 lbs on arms to 40 lbs on arms, and from 100 lbs on legs to 110-120 lbs on legs.

I've discovered Coke Zero (tastes like coke with no calories and none of that aspartame after taste of diet coke). I also drink Diet Sprite and Caffine Free diet coke (which tastes better than regular diet coke). I eat alot of peanut butter ( on 9 grain toast or on celery with raisins). I keep Crystal Light and small cans of V-8 in the fridge, and also skim milk and water at all times.

Tee wanted the recipe for Russian Chicken. I'm not sure how healthy it is, but it IS easy.

1 cup red french or russian dressing (reduced fat if available)
1 cup apricot preserves
1/2 package of Lipton dried onion soup mix
celery seed and garlic powder to taste
1 cup thinly sliced onion and green pepper
optional--pineapple tidbits in natural juice (drink juice, leave pineapple) :)

mix together all ingredients in bowl. place 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (fresh or frozen) in greased baking dish. pour mixture over chicken, covering all exposed areas. If making more than 2, double recipe as needed.


Bake in oven on 400 for 1 hour (or until chicken is cooked through). Serve over rice with French style green beans as a side dish choice.


I'll post again next week when I *hopefully* have good news to share.

~ruthie

Comments:
Good work on the work out progression. It always feels good when you can one up yourself!

Keep it up girl!
 
You are making great progress with your exercise! I'm so impressed :)

Thanks for the recipe!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?