Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sugar is like Cocaine

The only good thing I can say for myself for yesterday was atleast I didn't get ahold of pixie sticks, pour them out on a mirror in lines, and snort them up my nose.

I majorly fell off yesterday. Man, I'm like a drug addict. It started out that I did a favor for my MIL. I went to the post office to send a package for her. Right next to it is a Dollar Tree. I took Nick in the Dollar Tree for good behavior to pick a treat. I ended up buying cookies for his teacher and cookies for Hubby... I ended up eating some cookies from both packages. (I'm sure the idea of getting cookies for others was just a subconcious ploy to get my hands on them.)

So after I got sick on those, my neighbor, the German lady, comes over with one of her famous desserts. A huge pineapple cake with real whip cream topping... It melted in my mouth. I think it was her best dessert yet.

I went to bed feeling disgusting - my throat sore from the excess sugar even.

Sorry guys. I'll try harder.

~Tee


Comments:
Tee! it's okay, chica. we all have moments of weakness! SHHH! don't tell anyone this, but on tuesday night, i cracked on the KFC from monday, and i had some (just a little some, but some nonetheless)....that was gonna be MY little secret until you told of your sugar sneaking! see, don't you feel better now? :)

ok, you jumped off the wagon and swam in the sugar lake, but thats okay. we're standing right here beside the water with a nice fluffy towel and encouraging words of support to get you back on track.

you can do it, chica...climb out of the cookie crumb lake, stop swimming in the whipped cream--and the next time you're neighbor brings dessert, eat the pineapple, smile politely, and tell her it was delicious!
 
Alright, Ruthie... I'M COMING OUT!

LOL. I do feel better, and because I know my self control is a piece of crap, I just dumped the leftover cake into the trash. I have to admit, I wanted to cry, but it's in there... And because I'm truly pathetic, I had to mix it up and push it down to the bottom - make sure it was really disgusting - so I wouldn't dig it out later. ROFLMAO.
 
:) good girl! i would probably do the same thing. but now that you're out about it, don't you feel so much better? don't you feel like in telling, you have a clean slate to start the day with? now the only things you put on your plate are things that you know will be beneficial to your success!
 
Ruthie said it all.

We all have bad days. Today will be a better day.

I cannot imagine having your neighbor. Maybe next time you can donate the cake to a local nursing home? ;)

You can do this, just take it one day or one hour at a time girl! We are rooting for you!
 
Kudos to you for speaking out about it. I'm notorious for pretending it didn't happen! *l* "What cake? There was cake here? I don't remember seeing any cake...."
 
Thanks guys. You really helped me turn it around. Now I'm doing great! :)
 
We all fall off the wagon ocassionally. Ok for some of us more than occassionally. Yes, sugar is addicting. We need to keep away from it as much as possible. Quit buying those cookies. Your husband and son don't need them either... Sorry, if I have them in the house, I'm going to eat them. I have found that if I make a plate of raw veggies, I do alot better. I can snack on them all day and be happy. My husband loves it too. Good luck. Don't beat up on yourself and when you fall off the wagon, get back on.....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?