Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Monday, October 10, 2005

Tee Update - and a NEW challenge!


Time is ticking away, friends! Where are you and what have you been up to? Who is going to win this thing?

Well, here's an update on me.

Some of you know that about 3 years ago I had a tumor removed from my left anterior abdominal muscle wall. Thank God it was non cancerous, but this type of tumor (desmoid), does have a high chance of reoccurence.

I have gained 40 lbs. since I had that surgery. I began feeling very uncomfortable in that region and worried that the tumor was back. A few doctor appointments and a CAT scan later, they say they are pretty sure everything is A-OK.

That's good news of course, but there is still the uncomfortable sensation. I talked to the doctor and we agreed it could be the weight gain since the surgery. When they removed the tumor 3 years ago, they had to remove quite a bit of muscle and other tissue. In it's place they put something called "mesh" - which is holding me together inside there. The extra weight could be putting pressure on the mesh, causing the discomfort... This could also be potentially dangerous because if it pushes hard enough it could break, causing a hernia.

So, admittedly, more out of a little fear, and curiosity, I've buckled down to lose this weight. I've lost 2 lbs. this past week bringing my total weight loss during this competition to 5 lbs... I'm feeling happy and proud and I want to keep it up. I can already feel, just from those 2 lbs., more comfortable... I guess those 2 lbs. could be the straw that broke the camel's back - there has to be a limit - and I was there... but I'm not stopping... I'm wondering how much better I'll feel with the more I lose.

...Anyway, I'm thinking it's time to pump everyone up here. Maybe a weekly challenge will do it? Today is Monday. Everybody needs to lose 1 lb. this week. Can you do it? Yes, you can!

Get moving!

~Tee

PS - If you are weight training and GAIN 1 lb of muscle that is also acceptable!

Comments:
Tee- I am so proud of you for losing weight!! Five pounds is AWESOME!!! I am so inspired by your ability to overcome the obstacles after your surgery . . . I know that that cannot be easy.

I will totally take you on that challenge!!! I am ready!! I have been working out like a maniac so I just need to curb my eating! I will do it!
 
well, just so you know, your 5lbs you lost have come to ruthie to make a new home. they said they love you and miss you, but here, they have alot more friends to play with, so they think they'll stay for a while.

(btw, i dont get weighed every week! :( so i guess i can't do the weekly--i'm just gonna focus on the end of the year.

i can post more often, but how many times can a person read " i did 2 miles in 20 mins on the eliptical after i did an hour of weight training"? my stuff gets monotonous and i don't want to bore the masses.
 
Zoe - Awesome! Let's see who else joins us!

Ruthie - Maybe those 5 lbs are muscle though! You've been working out like a madwoman!

I don't get bored with your posts. Even if it's just "2 miles on the elliptical today" or whatever it sparks something in my mind like, "Yo, Tee! Someone else out there in exercising. Get off your butt!!" :)

Since you don't weigh in every week you can't do this 1 lb. thing but I'll challenge you to another. Have any ideas? How about no soda this week? ... I typically don't drink anything with sugar in it - those are wasted calories - but once in awhile I get a craving for a real Coke. If I get one this week I will resist :)
 
lol..i had a "real" coke on saturday! and it was GOOOD! usually only drink diet and caffiene free--i would give them up entirely, 'cept i like the burp-factor you just can't get from water. i honestly think that carbonated drinks aid in the digestion process--especially on heavy meat or mexican meals :)

i'm not sure what a good challenge for me would be. besides making a small thing of brownies over the weekend, i don't really eat that badly (i don't think).

i think i will just continue to challenge myself to go to the gym a minimum of 3x a week...because believe me, that is hard enough! :)
 
Hey gals, I'm in on the challenge.

Tee- 2 pounds is a fantastic loss for the week! That's awesome!

Zoe- wicked good on the working out!

Ruthie- Keep us posted on your work outs. A lot of times my posts are the same too. *walked a lot.... ate like a pig* *L*
 
Ruthie - Ok, girl. Keep up the great work. I'm going to get on my Gazzelle today.

Mandi - LOL.
 
I have given up on getting those pounds to go down. I have decided my body likes being 144 pounds at 5'5" and I will just have to accept that. (Unless you count the 5 pounds I have lost while being sick. :) They will be back though as soon as I can eat! )

I am not overweight, but have some flab I would like to firm up. I am going to focus on that.

Good luck on that one pound challenge to you all!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?