Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Monday, October 10, 2005

temptation

Tonight I skipped the gym for a reason---to avoid temptation! All day, i craved KFC. I wanted original recipe chicken (skin and all) with mashed potatoes, that fake brown gravy, and their weird excuse for cole slaw they serve. I knew that if I drove to the gym, that through no fault of my own, I would find myself in the drive thru of KFC on the way home from my healthful endeavors. So, instead of facing a temptation I could not conquer, I came home, changed clothes, and went for a walk around my neighborhood. I didn't get as much of a workout as I would have gotten at the gym. I did a 30 minute walk, more leisurely than my eliptical speed, but i probably did about 1.25 miles. And then I came home and ate Russian chicken and rice for dinner with green beans. I still want KFC, but I was stronger than the chicken. And I will continue to be so.

"ten pounds by new years....ten pounds by new years....ten pounds by new years"

The weird part is--I don't even LIKE KFC-- I just wanted it.

Edited to add: Posted by Ruthie

Comments:
LOL!!! Great Job on avoiding the temptation!! :)
 
Good job!! Be stronger than the chicken!

My Mom was a vegetarian for over a year. She broke down over a piece of KFC chicken. ROFL. It is powerful, I say!

Excellent job!

I've never heard of Russian chicken. Recipe?
 
rock on ruthie... it's funny how with our cravings we can say, maybe just one peice... and it turns into so much more!

good work!
 
Go Ruthie!

I am not that strong! I would have caved. You are Woman!
 
I do not hardly drink, but whne I was pregnant, I craved it all the time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?