Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

just checking in...

I spent the weekend house sitting for my parents, and I ate alot of junk-food. (or at least what I consider junk food). Interestingly enough, the potato chips, cookies, candy, and loaf of soft squishy white Sunbeam bread didn't hold my attention very long. Instead, I was cooking and eating the frozen corn from their garden this summer, baked fish fillets, and the left over meatloaf my mom made for me. I'm not saying I didn't eat some potato chips, cookies, candy, and white bread (but only 4 slices in the course of 3 days!), but i found myself reaching for a granola bar, instead.

On another note, I made an appointment to see an endocrinologist at the suggestion of both my mom and my personal trainer. Since I have been exercising, and I have eliminated consumption of fried foods and limit my white flour intake, my weight should be dropping--not stagnating. Instead, I keep gaining and losing the same 4 lbs. Although I don't want there to be anything wrong with me, deep down inside, I kind of HOPE there is--just so that I have an explanation for why I'm having such a hard time with my weight.

Last night, I did a full 30 minutes @ level 4 on the elipitical (my trainer suggested to cut down on distance and work on maintaining a consistant heart rate), so I only got 2.78 miles done.I think I'm ready to push it up to level 5--but maybe i'll wait till next week. I also did a full set of weight training.

Anyways, that's all.

~ruthie

Comments:
Good decision to visit the doctor and get their professional opinion. If something is wrong hopefully they'll be able to fix it and you'll start losing those pounds you've been working so hard for. Are you thinking thyroid? ... I've never had mine checked.

Good luck and keep eating healthy and exercising. You're doing so great :)
 
I have oftened wondered if my thyroid isn't messing with me as well but since I am not overweight, I doubt the doctor's would do the test.

I hope either way the doctor's can help you lose weight. I know the frustration of seeing those same 4 pounds over and over.

Good Job on the eating too!
 
Well I hope you are encouraged real soon. You are doing a great job working out!!

I have remained stagnate for the last week or so. I am still only 8 lbs lighter than I was 3 weeks ago. I guess I shouldn't complain though.

Hope all goes well...
Tammy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?