Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I am SO not a loser....

and that's a horrible thing to be. I WANT to be a loser! I want to lose this horrible weight which is the albatross around my neck (or waist, or thighs, or hips). I want to be free of this burden.

But for the time being, I have said goodbye to the gym. Not by choice, mind you--but by necessity. In my profession, December is THE month that everything comes into play. Year-end is important for taxes, and everything else that comes due. The holidays don't help. Neither does this sudden influx of unseasonably cold and snowy weather that has hit the city I currently live in. Last winter was unseasonably warm, and since it was my first winter here, I assumed that was how every winter would be. I guess I should have guessed again, as it seems that this winter will be a doozey.

Since I came back from vacation after Thanksgiving, I've only been able to get to the gym twice. That's quite a change from my 3-4 x a week previous to the holiday. Now I'm working mad crazy hours (anywhere from 9-14 a day), and Saturday.

I'm trying to be good and not eat myself into a carb-induced coma, but it's hard. REALLY hard, expecially when most meals are eaten on the run, or at my desk. Or I don't get enough sleep and I come to rely on the quick boost of energy that a candy bar can give me in the early afternoon. And why would I drink cold water when Ghiradelli hot chocolate tastes so much better.

Just pray for me that I can make it through the next few weeks without causing TOO much irreparable damage. I guess the one plus side of being a big person is that noone notices when you gain 5, 10, or even 25lbs. Only skinny girls have to worry about that!

Have a good month, ya'll!

~ruthie

Comments:
Like the last paragraph - talk about making lemonade out of lemons. LOL.

Do your best Ruthie, and check back when you have time. Even if you can't go to the gym there are other things you can do - just dancing in your living room or taking the stairs instead of the elevator... There is sugar free hot cocoa which is really rather good.

{hugs!}
 
Wait a sec... you guys are ripping off that horrible reality show... via a blog?

Oh gosh...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?