Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Friday, January 27, 2006

I suck.

I have been avoiding coming in here because I've been a naughty girl. I have gained most of the weight I had loss back again. I'm trying to be good today again.

I have been mindlessly eating - bingeing - trying to fill some emotional void. Even when things are going well in life in general - something inside feels sad and empty. I'm taking my antidepressants so I don't know what the deal is.

I think my weight problem is totally psychologically related. I did the Dr. Phil book before and it helped for awhile, but like everything else, it was a temporary fix.

I may have to seek out an Overeaters Anonymous group or something. I just don't know what will do it for me. When will I finally make and KEEP that connection that food is not my friend. Food does not equal happiness. Food is for feeding physical hunger... not emotional.

~Tee

Comments:
Tee i am an emotional eater too. why dont you join weight watchers? you get good support and can talk about your emotional baggage as well.
 
Hi Tee.... ((hugs))

You don't suck.

Food can soothe. Unfortunatly. It makes me crazy when I eat because I'm happy. Or when I eat because I'm bummed out. It's just one of those things I guess.

Maybe OEA will let you get out some of your feelings. Just because you know they are there, doesn't mean you are dealing with them. If you can talk to someone about them, and by someone I mean not just faceless bloggers like us. You know we've got your back, but sometimes you might need some face to face people.

Good luck girl.

*chin up*
 
Thanks Mandi.
 
I am an emotional eater too. I have this emptiness inside and I can eat and eat and EAT until I make myself sick. I do it to fill the void.

I hope that you find the support that you need. If there is anything that I can help you out with i'm there for you! i know how hard it is.

In the short term, why not start journalling everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) that you are taking in, that includes beverages and condiments. I find that has helped me in the past. Right now I do it in a daytimer so I can see when I am eating and write down my emotional state of mind at the time.
 
oh tee you most certainly DO NOT suck..

dont be so down on yourslef sweety..we are all here for you;)
 
Tee - that's part of why we are here - to catch you when you fall.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?