Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Monday, January 16, 2006

My legs hurt today...

mainly because I went to the gym Saturday (for the first time since December 2,2005). I'm not in super pain, but my calves are tight, and my inner thigh muscles are a little sore. I dropped back on the weight training, reducing my lifting by 5lbs on each arm, though I kept the leg weights the same as I was before my brief lapse. I ran 2.9 miles in 30 mins on level 4 on the eliptical (though I was pushing it to make it that long).

I HATE the eliptical machine because I'll get on, set my time (normally 45 mins at level 5), and the cover the monitor so I can't see my time and distance. The first 5 minutes are the hardest. Saturday, I had been going for a while, and thought, "hey, I bet I'm at like, 27 minutes. Let's check." Um, yeah, not even close--I was just past the 7 minute mark. I swear, when you are on an elipitical machine, time stands still.

Of course, Saturday night found me in a blah mood, and not really craving anything, so I ended up ordering a pizza. It wasn't worth it--I was rather disappointed, but then again, I think I'm just burned out on eating fast food/prepared food. I went grocery shopping on Sunday so I can pack my lunch at work this week. I really just need to get back on track with my exercise and eating habits. I was doing a great job, then got sidelined by work year end--but i'm going to do my best to return to my older habits.

how did everyone else do?

~ruthie

Comments:
Ruthie! You are doing awesome! Have you tried taking an mp3 player or cd player when you get on the eliptical? You can even get books on cd at your local library to help pass the time.

Keep it up girl!
 
you can do it! :) I agree with Jodi. Mp3 can really go a long way in working out. I just watch TV and it helps the time go by.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?