Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Monday, January 09, 2006

So I Saddle up my Horse and I Ride into the City

Well, not really, but this is Kemper's new favorite song... so I have been getting a little exercise dancing with the wee man!

I just can't seem to get 100% focused so far this year. I know what my goal is, and I think about it all the time but I just can't seem to get my stuff together. I have been walking much more than I was in December. Weather is better, and there is more time now. I feel much better about that. I have packed *most* of the leftover Christmas goodies away. Put them up HIGH on a shelf so that when I have to pull the chair over, or get out the step ladder it gives me a chance to think about it.

I started taking One a Day - Weight Smart. My husband saw them one morning on the counter and automatically assumed they were diet pills. *grr* All a said was, "they're vitamins... with green tea extract". Really, as bad as this sounds, if I was taking diet pills, they wouldn't be left on the counter for all to see! I decided to start taking vitamins because I was starting to feel a little sluggish. I'm sure it's a lot to do with the lack of fresh air and exercise and fruits and veggies that my body had gotten used to. I'm feeling much better now.

I am back to work in 2 months. I am very relieved to have found a wonderful lady to watch Kemper. She looks after quite a few kids, but she's been in Child Care for 19 years. This is making the transition of going back to work a little easier. I am slowly becoming more okay with going back to work. I'm still a little worried about shift work, (yeah, midnights & afternoons *yuck*) but I'm sure we'll get through it! Work will either help my weight loss battle a whole bunch, or kick the crap out of it!

I think that thinking about returning to work was causing me to stress eat, so hopefully that harmful habit will stop now.

I started reading Dr. Phil's book... I'm hoping it helps me out.

Anyway, a lot of jibber-jabber today!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!



Comments:
I love Dr. Phil's book. Mine is all written in and highlighted. It's a mess. LOL.

Great idea with the goodies up on a high shelf. I tend to bury stuff in the deep freezer under vegetables and meat. LOL.

I take the One a Day Weight Smart, too. I need to remember to take it everyday - I'm bad about that... What diet pills are you taking? Careful! :)

The lady whose going to watch Kemper sounds great. I'm so glad you found somebody with so much experience... Good luck in the coming months. Hugs!
 
Thanks Tee!

I'm not taking diet pills, Kevin thought the One a Day Weight Smart were diet pills.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?