Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Dreams

I believe that the dreams we have when we're sleeping are important. I believe our subconcious tries to sort things out when we're in that state and that it's beneficial to try to understand the meaning behind your dreams. So, here is a dream I had last night - which I think was very much connected to my healthy lifestyle goals and emotional/psychological issues.

I was invited to a party at Oprah's house. It was a party for women she thought were special in some way. (Oprah really did have a party like this in real life but I wasn't invited ;) ...

So, I went to her house. When Oprah saw me she embraced me. I mingled at the party for awhile but then a male staff member approached me. He said Oprah has a special package for me in a back room. I asked what it was and he said, "It's a present from Oprah." I didn't want to go with this guy so I asked if he could bring the gift to me. He said, "I'm sorry - it's a big box. Come with me."

I felt very uncomfortable around this man but didn't follow my instincts. I followed him down a narrow hall - and down deep I knew he was going to take advantage of me. Before we got to "the back room", I turned around and left hurriedly.

~~~

Now I can see clearly what my mind is working on - but I decided to look up the symbolism of some of the items in my dream out of curiosity. It was really interesting - whether it's true or not.

Box - Want to keep something safe.

Party - Celebration. Festivity. Pleasure. Want to participate in a common activity.

Hugging - Loving protection. Attention. Conform. Need for care.

Hall - Access. Privacy. Trying to find a connection with someone or something.

Comments:
Tee - you and Oprah - you can't get her out of your head, can you?
 
LOL - I know - and I swear I don't watch her that much! If I have time I watch maybe once a week. Weird.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?