Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Monday, February 13, 2006

Liquid Cancer

That's what aspartame is aparently. The rumors have swirled for years but new evidence leaves little doubt.

Do you know how many gallons of Crystal Light I drink each week? I pride myself on choosing diet sodas over regular. Even worse, do you know how much Crystal Light my children drink?! This is so worrying to me.

For a few years I have been giving them Crystal Lite instead of juice. Everything I was reading said that juice is leading to childhood obseity and tooth decay. I thought I was being a good Mom. I worried a little that it's not "natural", but would it be available on shelves in every grocery store if it was poisonous? ... Too bad, the answer is "Yes".

Some switched to Splenda gladly as soon as it came out - and I admit I use Splenda as well. Why do we think that in 10 years we won't find out something horrible about it too?

I'm feeling kind of down. I really depend on artifical sweetners and now I'm worrying about

#1 What damage I've done to my family.
#2 What the heck I'm going to drink the rest of my life.

And when I'm not feeling down about it, I'm feeling angry. It seems the makers of aspartame knew there was a cancer connection long ago. It should have been pulled, but just like in so many other cases, their money won the desire of their hearts over the public's health and well being.

I hope there will be a class action lawsuit. If so, I'm in.

Comments:
I wonder if the aspertame makers drink their own prodcuts. I heard splenda is just as bad. My dad went to a lecture where a doctor said its like taking poison in small doses. I'm really sad to hear about diet soda. I actually rely on it.
 
I've heard the same (that it's literally poison). I can't tell you how much I hate water. It makes me gag.... SIGH.
 
Anything artificial is going to have some impact on our health because it is well.... ARTIFICIAL.

God made foods that grow out of the ground and animals that provide us with meat for a reason.

I don't do artificial sweeteners very often because I don't like the taste but also because I am afraid of what side effect they will discover 10 years from now.

Have you tried bottled water Tee? I can't stand tap water but bottled water (I get the Walmart brand enhanced with minerals to make it taste better) tastes so much better to me. Maybe throw a few lemons in with it to give it some flavor?
 
Okay after re-reading that it sounded mean. That is not the attitude I was after. Forgive me for having a "morphing into my mom" moment. :)
 
i let my kids have stuff w splenda and i'm really not worried about it.

maybe more soft drinkmakers will use splenda now.
 
BOTTLED WATER!!!!! That's going to be a post for; me sometime soon. REcent studies show that they contain far more bacteria than ordinary tap.
 
LOL Jodi - I didn't take it as mean. You're right. I wish I could eat organic and all that. First, where we live, we don't have any of those fancy yuppie markets. LOL. Second, I am just plain old addicted to all this manufactured crap :p
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?