Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Weight Watchers?

I did weight watchers informally about five years ago. My school started it and I listened in.. my mom also joined and she shared what she learned. I lost 30 pounds. So my question is has anyone joined it and if so what do they think the meetings had to play as a factor in their weight loss? I feel like since I know the philosophy of WW I can just lose it without it just incorporating the ideas. But Just curious what you all know.

Comments:
I have lost without it. My sister is on it and it's all about converting calories, carbs, fiber, etc into points and portion control. I just watch my caloric intake and monitor my exercise with Calorie King's software. It makes a big difference if you actually write down what you are eating. There are lots of 'free' support groups on the web that are probably just as good as the weight watchers meetings.

BTW, my sister does the WW online and doesn't go to the meetings. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who benefit from the meetings.
 
I've been doing WW for almost a year. I'm a life time member now, so I only have to weigh in once a month, but I go each week because at my meetings people share foods they've tried and I get to learn about different things I wouldn't have thought to try before. I know not all meeting are like this though because I've gone through 3 leaders. You have to find the best one to inspire you. I also found that when I did it on my own I cheated alot saying I would be better the next day. When I had to weigh in each week when I was losing I was very good. I didn't want to see that gain (although there were a couple times I did see them) it still helped me to be honest. Besides I like the support and the acknowledgement I got when I did lose. It makes you feel good.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?