Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Yay

Well it's my one week weigh in and I lost 2 pounds. Yay. I'm pretty impressed because though I was really really good all week, Valentines day... ahem... I had steak.. which I guess is good as far as carbs go, but I also shared a chocolate cake. I don't regret it. That cake.. wow. It was the sort of cake that you can just remember and smile. If you're ever near a Morton's try their hot chocolate cake. Trust me. That good. But anyways, I didnt expect to lose anything because of that day of indiscretion.... so though I didnt lose 4.5 pounds in a week like I wanted. 2 pounds is a healthy amount for a week.

More than the weight of 2 pounds I'm happy about the change in my mental attitude. Normally I'd say "I had cake so I'll eat the rest of the night away" The old Aisha would have gone to Target for the 75% of chocolate the next day and then eaten half the bag in a sickening rush an tried to start new on Sunday. But this time I didnt. I knew I'd be eating out so I ate very little until Dinner. The next day again I also ate very little and I also worked out to balance out the dinner. I'm so glad I didn't run off to Target for the chocolate. Trust me... its still tempting me :)

You know what helps is to believe that I *can* do it. It helps me delay my gratification if I know that if I work hard I truly will reach the goal.

Also in other news... my fat jeans... they got a rip right around the knees. but not in a cool way. in a way they will have to be discarded. Sad news is those are the only jeans I fit into right now as I refused to buy more jeans at my current weight. *sigh* so if you see someone on a picnic with black pants and cardigan. That's me. Girl with no more fat jeans. :(

Comments:
Way to resist the sale on chocolate. I did too - I stayed out of the stores entirely because I knew it would be on clearance and I would want it and .....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?