Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Friday, November 17, 2006

update

I participated in a biggest loser challenge at my gym. Over the course of eight weeks, I lost 12 pounds and innumerable inches. Sometimes, I think that 12 pounds really isn't that much weight--but to put it into perspective:

1. I imagine 12 lbs of butter taped around my body
2. I imagine carrying 1.5 gallons of water with me everywhere I go (water weights 8lbs per gallon).
3. I imagine a bolwing ball permanently attached to the end of my wrist, without the benefit of the bag to put it in.

Based on my calculations, I have lost about 34 lbs since Thanksgiving 2005. And it's been all on me--diet and exercise. No surgery, no drugs. And I'm determined to continue, because each pound lost is actually a gain of postive returns. In return for that one pound of fat, I gain more self-esteem, looser clothing, and a longer life.

So, just remember, no matter how insignificant you believe your weight loss to be, try to put it into perspective, and it will seem like so much more of an accomplishment.

Good luck, ladies! Hope that everyone has a GREAT holiday--and remember--turkey is a carb free food! :)

Comments:
Yeah Ruthie! I too struggle with the numbers. I have lost 4 pounds. 4 is so few but the feeling of accomplishment and the feeling I get when I look at my body in the mirror are so huge.

Keep up the good work girl!

Turkey may be carb free but the pie isn't and I am having my fair share of that too! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?