Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Kicking it in the butt!

For the last week I have decided it is time to kick up my routine. I have done 20 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes of aerobics 5 days a week with NO results. I orginally lost 3 pounds but they quickly came right back and held tight.

So this past week I started doing 45 minutes (3 miles) at 5 mph on the treadmill and some ab work after. I hope this is the kick in the butt my fat cells need to see they are no longer welcome.

I have also joined the Discovery Health Challenge. I joined last year too and never looked at the site again. This year I am going to be more active. I can record my exercise everyday and it helps me keep track of my weight. It also gives meal plans based on your goals but I don't have the money to run out and buy all the foods it suggests. I will just try to aim for more fruits and veges on my plate than anything else.

So far this week I am down 4 pounds but I am not going to get my hopes up just yet. It is possible that it will come right back again. I hope not because nothing is more motivating than seeing some results after all my hard work.

How is everyone else coping with the post-holiday pounds?

Comments:
wow! you are serious about your exercise! i want to be. I went to the gym while the kid were out of school but now i don't have a sitter for the baby. I am not going to leave her in the gym nursery at 4 monthe during flu season. how do you do it??

Natalie
 
I do it all at home Natalie.

I used to do Denise Austin's show (on Lifetime) every morning at 6. She has two shows on back to back in the a.m. That was great for maintaining my weight and toning muscle.

Now that I want to more actively lose weight I am on my treadmill (which I got last year but I have been exercising for 4 years now). I do cardio and toning exercises every morning before I get the kids up for school.

If you like to dance turn on some loud music and dance with your baby in the afternoon. Any moving is better than sitting on the couch!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?