Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Monday, December 04, 2006

Talking to strangers...

Saturday, as I walked my 2 miles to the gym, a car pulled over and a lady rolled down her window to say, "I think you're doing a great job". Of course, I was like, "excuse me?" And she proceeded to tell me that she thought it was great that I was motivated to go out and walk and exercise...and then she got out of her car and told me that she had worked from a size 26 to a size 16 through diet and exercise. And honestly, I would kill for her figure. We chatted for a few minutes, and I walked away with a renewed sense of motivation in both my self, and the impact that I have on others.

When people on the street drive by me, they have one of the two following thoughts:

1. OMG, look at that COW!

OR

2. Wow, look at her go. If she can do that, why can't I? (which then motivates them to walk themselves).

The first group, I care nothing about. It's the second group that I hope drive by and become inspired to begin their own walking and exercise regimines.

I just wanted to share this small incident with you, mainly because I was shocked that it actually happened, and two, to hopefully motivate you to keep going. Yes, it's hard t lose weight. But remember--we didn't gain it overnight, and it takes time to remove it. But you have to be dedicated, and you have to want it for yourself. Dont try to lose weight for your high school reunion. Don't do it for your husband or boyfriend. Don't try to do it for your mom or your sister. It's only when you want to do it for You that it begins to work. YOU have to work for you, and not for anyone else--otherwise, your doing it for all the wrong reasons.

Stay on track, keep yourself motivated, and work for the end result that you want--be it health, new clothes, or just a sense of accomplishment.

:)

Comments:
That is so cool that she took the time to tell you what an awesome job you are doing!

Keep up the good work!
 
WOW that is so amazing Ruthie!!!! I can't believe it. That is so touching.

I just love how we interact with people in such beautiful and random ways in life.
 
Way to go Ruthie. You probably inspire more people than you know.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?