Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Only years, months, and days left until the end of the challenge!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Update

Update, so nothing was working. Sparkspeople wasn't helping. Just plain old watching it wasn't working. Weight watchers wasn't working. Finally about 1.5 weeks ago I was sharing my frustration with the hubbz and he suggested I try South Beach. I was very skeptical because I have tried it in the past and I can't really handle being without sugar like that but I thought its worth trying. So in 10 days I have lost SIX pounds. Wow. The thing I appreciate the most is getting rid of the sugar itch. I really don't have shakes anymore for sugar or anyting like that. I admit I do have a teaspoon in the morning in my tea but that's it. The key is to keep losing though and to not quickly gain it back once I get off the intense phase.

I also decided to along with a few of my classmates run for the Brast Cancer race for the cure 5K which is motivating me to run every day for reasons other than a slimmer waistline. That is really helping the motivation of working out. To have an end result to shoot for.

So finally something good to share :)

Comments:
thats awesome!
 
i tried SB and did okay for about 10 of the first 14 days..then went on vacay and now i just can't get motivated to get back on it. i went through withdrawls the first 3 days--upset tummy, headache, irritabitly...not sure i can handle that again. you're doing great, though, so good luck on keeping it up! :)
 
Ruthie- I agree its hard with the physical symptoms but I ate Snickers low carb high protein bars for lunch or breakfast and this REALLY helped the sugar cravings. Also if i felt woozy I had tea with a spoon of sugar. It really helped.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?